If you’re looking for a company that will focus on your individual needs, and always treat you like a client who matters, look no further. Our company is large enough to offer a full range of professional services, but small enough to give you the individual attention that you deserve.

We will thoroughly and conscientiously study your personal situation, and tailor our advice to your specific needs.

US Individual Tax – consulting and compliance

Tax planning helps reduce your future tax liability. We help you manage your personal, trust, and business tax issues in the US, the UK, and most other countries, including understanding how upcoming laws in the EU, the UK, and the US impact your tax status and vice versa. We help in the following areas:

  • High net worth individuals and families
  • Expatriation
  • Sole proprietorships
  • Stock option timing and timings of severance pays and bonuses
  • US taxation of Lloyd’s syndicate members
  • Owning and selling US real estate for non-Americans

Return to Top

Negotiations with the IRS

Have you just discovered you should have been filing your US tax returns and are frightened by the penalties for late filing? Have you received a letter from the IRS that looks scary? Has your bank said they’ll be reporting you to the IRS and you want to know what to do? We can help with:

  • Assisting taxpayers with unfiled and late returns using the Streamlined Filing Programme
  • Request for Waiver of Penalties Under Reasonable Cause when not eligible for Streamlined
  • Assisting taxpayer with responding to IRS and state tax letters
  • Audit assistance
  • Offers in Compromise

Return to Top

US Corporate and Partnership Tax – consulting and compliance

When you want to start a business, should it be in the UK? The US? Or offshore? Perhaps Ireland or Guernsey? Should it be a UK limited company? A sole proprietorship? A US LLC or S-Corp or LLP? There are too many choices to list here. We help you choose the one with the lowest tax between all countries involved. Bring us on board if any of the following apply:

  • Foreign corporations owned by US taxpayers
  • Foreign partnerships with US partners
  • US corporations and partnerships owned by UK residents (including Americans resident here)
  • Starting, buying, or selling a business.

Return to Top

US Foreign Trust Tax – consulting and compliance

If you’re considering setting up a trust for the kids, wait until you get advice from a dual US/UK company to avoid double taxation. The US taxes interests in foreign trusts at silly rates. If you’ve already set up a trust, or if you or your child are the beneficiaries of such a trust, we#ll help you find a way around it whenever possible. When there is no way to avoid it entirely, we reduce the tax by choosing more complex methods of computation. We know all about:

  • UK trusts set up by UK grandparents for US grandchildren
  • UK trusts set up by US persons
  • Sec 529 Trusts
  • UK Child Trusts
  • Help for everyone: beneficiaries, grantors and settlors of trusts

Return to Top

Estate and Gift Tax – consulting and compliance

When someone passes away, life can be very hard. The last thing you want to think about is the IRS. Thus, many estates miss filing deadlines. You can work with us now to reduce that burden on your loved ones and make your estate easier to manage for your heirs. We work with your lawyers so that the wills between the two countries take into consideration the taxes between both countries. We help in all these areas:

  • US heirs of non-US estates
  • Non-US heirs of US estates
  • Help for both beneficiaries and executors of estates
  • Gifts from US persons to non-US persons
  • Gifts from non-US persons to US persons for both recipients and givers of gifts
  • Help for both recipients and givers of gifts

Return to Top

Giving Up US Greencard – and US citizenship

Has all this double taxation and paperwork caused you to tear out your hair and wish to give up your US greencard or US citizenship? We can advise on the tax consequences and how to avoid them. It’s super easy to avoid if you get the advice before you give up your greencard. Your greencard can be revoked at the border if you do not spend enough time in the US. If that happens, you may face the expatriation tax. We help cases like this reduce their exposure to the exit tax.

Return to Top

Divorce Planning

Sadly, sometimes relationships come to an end. Assets need to be split between two people. It’s helpful to know what the US tax would be and whether that affects your decision.

Return to Top

US State Taxes – consulting and compliance

We can advise and prepare all US state tax returns for all of the issues laid out above.

Return to Top

US Tax Equalizations

We do tax equalization policy design and implementation. If your company is sending employees to another country, you’ll want to consider this to protect yourselves and your employees from double taxation.

Return to Top

Helping Professional Service Firms

If you are an accountant, lawyer, or other professional service provider who has questions about a US tax issue, we’re happy to help. Read more here.

Return to Top

Call today to schedule an appointment!